Simple Solution for Back Flow Prevention
Intervalve check valve models IVC and IVCT are primarily single plate swing check valve with a short pattern wafer body conforming to the API6D and ASME B16.10 face to face dimensions. The valve has a simple but reliable and robust construction. The low inertia disc design enables the valve to open or close with a very low differential pressure which make them ideal for services operating under low differential pressures.
The valve is ideal for pump discharge duties. The eccentric mounted hinge pin in combination with the disc seat guarantees a positive shut off of the returning media.
The short face to face dimensions and low weight allows a simple space saving installation between the mating companion flanges. The valves are suitable for mounting between weld neck or slip on type companion flanges of different standards. The need for flange gaskets during installation is totally eliminated in the case of IVC model due to the in-built face sealing ‘O’ rings provided on the sealing face. Gaskets are recommended while installing IVCT model valves.
Conformity to Codes & Standards:
|General design & face to face dimensions||API 6D / ASME B 16.10|
|Valve testing||API 598|
|Flange standard conformity||ASME B 16.5 #150, DIN EN 1092-PN10 & PN16 BS 10 Table D & E|
|1||Valve type||Self Acting Non Return Valve.|
|2||Description||Single plate wafer type swing check valve.|
|3||Body type||Short pattern wafer type|
|4||Disc type||With integral hinge pin|
|5||Model nomenclature||IVC – check valve with rubber “O”ring seat and face sealing
IVCT – check valve with PTFE seat and serrated contact faces
|6||Size range||IVC – DN 25 to DN 900 / IVCT – DN 25 to DN 600|
|7||Pressure rating||PN 16 (max) for sizes up to DN 600 &
PN 10 for sizes ≥ DN 650
|8||Operating temperature range||-250 C to 2000 C (depending on MOC)|
|9||Seat leakage||Zero leak / tight shut off|
|10||Standard Material of Construction(MOC)
· Body & Disc
SGI / WCB / CF8 / CF8M / CS – I2062
EPDM / Viton/ Nitrile/ Neoprene / Hypalon – for IVC
PTFE or GFT -for IVCT
- Very low face to face dimensions hence space required for mounting is less than 10% of that conventional valves.
- Very low weight-total weight is only approximately 1/6 the weight of a conventional check valve.
- Short wafer body enables mounting the valve with shorter length fasteners of lesser number compared to flanged swing check valve. Approximately 50% saving in cost of fasteners.
- Considerable secondary advantages resulting in substantial savings in handling, packing, transportation, installation and maintenance.
- Saving in terms of overall length required for piping.
- Tightening torque to be applied on the companion flange bolting is lower due to face sealing O-rings.
- Practically maintenance free due to fewer number of parts and simple construction.
- Self centering in pipeline due to controlled outside diameter, enables easy installation.
Specifications & dimensions are subject to change without prior notice