PTFE Lined Butterfly Valve
The ultimate in corrosion resistant Butterfly valve
Intervalve’s PTFE lined Butterfly valve model IVTFE provides an optimum solution to the corrosion problems encountered by the chemical process industries with conventional Butterfly valves. The PTFE seat liner covers the entire wetted surface of the body and extends on to the flange contact faces, thus eliminating possibility of any media contact with the body metal.
The circularly moulded full back up elastomer and live loaded disc shoulder sealing ensures bubble tight closing of the Valve with zero shaft leakage. The valve is adaptable for ON / OFF as well as control duty and can be fitted with actuators and accessories as required to meet the specific duty conditions.
Conformity to Codes & Standards:
|General design and manufacturing||EN 593|
|Valve face to face dimensions||EN 593 / IS0 5752 Tab-5 / API 609 category A|
|Top flange drilling||ISO 5211|
|Valve inspection and testing||EN 12266 Part 1|
|Flange standard conformity||DIN EN 1092-PN6 / PN10 / PN16, Class 150, IS 6992 Tab 11 / 17|
|1||Valve type||Centric Disc Butterfly valve with PTFE lined body|
|2||Body type||Short wafer, 2 piece body|
|3||Seat type||PTFE / GFT with viton backup ring|
|4||Size range||DN 50 to DN 350|
|5||Pressure rating||PN 10 (max)|
|6||Operating temperature range||-250 C to 2000 C (depending on MOC)|
|7||Seat leakage||Tight shut off (Bi-directional)|
|8||Operation||· Handlever for sizes upto DN 200
· Worm gear boxes for sizes from DN 50 to DN 350
· Pneumatic / Electric actuator operation-optional
|9||Standard Material of Construction (MOC)
· Valve Body
· Valve Disc
· Seat liner
· SGI / WCB CF8 / CF8M
· CF8 / CF8M / Other special alloys Also available with PFA ENCAPSULATION (IVTFE – E, UP TO DN 200)
· PTFE / GFT
· SS410 / SS316SH / 17.4 PH
- Full PN10 pressure rating for the entire range of valve sizes from DN50 to DN350.
- Bi-directional valve with sealing capability to hold rated shut off pressure in either direction.
- Circularly moulded back up elastomer provides uniform contact pressure over the entire seat without losing shaft bore shape, ensuring bubble tight closure every time.
- Unique triple sealing system for shaft sealing, eliminates any fugitive emission or secondary leakage.
- Self lubricated shaft bearings (PTFE coated stainless steel) for both drive end and non-drive end shaft ensures minimum bearing friction torque.
- Live loaded disc shoulder sealing arrangement through pusher and disc springs in both top and bottom shaft bores, acting on PTFE liner ensures leak free mechanical stem seal.
- Back up elastomer standardised in Viton to ensure excellent corrosion protection and maximum temperature resistance against media fumes and higher temperature.
- Disc springs and fasteners standardised on corrosion resistant stainless steel to ensure long service.
- A choice of exotic metallurgy for the disc, to meet any type of aggressive media.
- Choice of liner materials of virgin PTFE or filled PTFE, which also extends on to the flange contact faces.
- Low operating torque enables selection of smaller size actuators.
- Perfect adaptability for conversion from manual to actuated operation due to standardised top flange.
Specifications & dimensions are subject to change without prior notice